Product Price :Get Latest Price
|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Piece|
|Battery Type||8400mAh 7.4v Lipo |
|Fit to||Any type of Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electro-hydraulic Grapple|
|Communication System||Wireless |
Find radioactive sources that other radiation detection systems miss! Cricket is the world’s leading, most rugged, highest sensitive Grapple Mounted Radiation Detection System on the market.
- Proven, tested, innovative leading-edge technology
- Unparallelled durability
- User-friendly, easy to operate
- Easy to install and maintenance friendly
- Supervisory software capable
Fit to any grapple, in any application:
- The Cricket radiation detection system is designed specifically to meet the needs of the scrap, steel, and waste industries. The Cricket's revolutionary yet simple design provides an optimum level of detection capability for low-intensity radioactive sources, on a continuous basis, in applications where radiation detection systems never existed before. The level of detection capability will far exceed any conventional radiation detection system, including detection systems that are mounted on the boom of a crane, regardless of detector size.
There are three different opportunities to analyze all the scrap material during the handling process:
- Firstly, because the Cricket system scans on a continuous basis, the material is scanned on the surface before the load is even picked up. Secondly, the load is scanned while in the grapple. Finally, the material is scanned just as it is released.
The Cricket Grapple consist of four Assemblies:
- Protective shield
- Detection Unit
- Battery Pack
Detector Protective Shield:
- Fit any type of mechanical, hydraulic, electro-hydraulic grapple
- The shields high strength and wear resistance design is capable of withstanding server impacts on a continuous basis
- Easy to install and service
- Equipped with doors for easy access to internal detector assembly
- Detector occupies a small volume of the grapple that does not affect the scrap handling operations
- The primary component of the detector system
- Size of the detection system is configured to the size of grapple
- Contains the electronic and detection assemblies which are designed to withstand Severe repeated impacts and vibrations associated with these applications
- The system electronics include several sensors that are used to monitor the Operation conditions of the grapple such as temperature and motion
- The internal assemblies are mounted specifically so that they are isolated from the direct transfer of energy
Battery pack for Grapples:
- The battery pack measures 5.5"x3.75"x1.25" and incorporates a rugged steel box housing measuring 8.25"x6"x5"
- The box is welded in a protected area on the tube of the grapple center section
- A small 13mm hole is drilled in the tube to allow communication cable access to the battery pack connections
- Battery pack includes a shock-mounted standard 6Vdc 7.2A/hr dry cell battery and wireless communication system
- Battery powers the detection unit's electronic circuits and wireless system
- Wireless system utilizes a low powered digital non-licensed frequency that can transmit up to 1000 ft line of sight.